RESIN

Thursday, January 16, 2014







I don't have one of those walls of hooks with piles of sparkly necklaces dangling, or pretty trays with bowls overflowing with baubles and bits in bright colors and stones.  I have a little wooden box, that a family member made, with four little drawers and all of my jewels and gems fit nicely inside.

When it comes to jewelry I am extremely picky.  I am slowly building a collection.  

I buy almost all brass, but like to mix in gold and silver occasionally.  I prefer natural stones to faceted precious ones.  I am drawn to vintage, and I typically go for simple architectural designs, rather then oversized statement pieces.  

BUT, there are always exceptions…

I have the most amazing collection of my grandmothers big/beautiful costume jewelry, and I adore it!   I own a string of turquoise rocks that I got on my first trip to San Francisco a decade ago, that I can never part with. Last, but not least, I have this giant strand of resin marbles that have french magazine pieces jumbled inside, and I LOVE THEM!

I got these big beautiful beads on a buying trip ages ago.  One million times people have asked about where to get them.  Sadly, the company seems to poof, disappeared.  I suppose that makes them all the more special!

Accessory Details: 

Necklace- Seduco Italy. Clutch- Phillip Lim, here. Shades- Ray Ban, here

 all images:  John Hillin 

ps. I am now contributing to Sulia.com on their Fashion channel! Content will cover Runway, Collection, street style and links to blogs that I love. Check it out here, or keep up with new posts through my Facebook or Twitter!  

0 comments:

LET IT BE All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips